Could Meryl Streep play a mean clarinet? Omega Ensemble’s clarinettist reckons she could.
1. Five pieces of classical music you absolutely love?
ShostakovichSymphony No 5
ProkofievSymphony No 5
RachmaninovPiano Concerto No 3
Wagner Tristan and Isolde!
2. Three recordings everyone should own?
The Complete Beethoven Symphonies, Sir Simon Rattle and Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra.
Mozart Clarinet Concerto with Martin Frö st.
The complete works of Chopin, Vladimir Ashkenazy.
3. Most underrated work by Beethoven?
His little trio for Clarinet, Cello and Piano!
4. Four clarinet heroes?
Paul Meyer, Martin Fröst, Sabine Meyer and Andrew Marriner.
5. Least attractive aspect of the clarinet?
How you look when you play it, and not being able to snack during rehearsals…
6. Three books that have changed your life?
Harry Potter, A Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Michael Leunig’s Short Notes.
7. Top five non-classical musicians or groups?
Paris Combo, Jamie Cullum, Coldplay, James Morrison and Diana Krall.
8. Top five favourite films?
James Bond, Florence Foster Jenkins, Anchorman, Amelie and The Gods Must be Crazy!
9. Three favourite chamber music groups?
The Clarinotts, Nash Ensemble, Berlin Philharmonic Wind Quintet.
10. Most embarrassing moment on...